Checked elsewhere

Checks published by other fact-checking organisations. We did not do these checks. Each one names who did, shows their rating in their own words, and links to their full article.

Their rating

36 checks for “Joe Biden”

Joe Biden, President

“Said his mother recalled that as a teenager, he "got arrested standing on the porch with a Black family" when protesters opposed desegregation of a nearby Delaware neighborhood. "And I said, 'Yeah, Mom, I remember that.”

FactCheck.org rated this: No Evidence

FactCheck.org says: There is no evidence Biden was ever arrested, though news stories at the time do corroborate that there were incidents near Biden’s home in Delaware in which white neighbors protested a Black family moving in.

Social media posts

“FBI director Wray confirms Joe Biden is under criminal investigation for Ukrainian bribes by the U.S. attorney in Delaware then tries to backpedal.”

PolitiFact rated this: False

PolitiFact says: FBI Director Christopher Wray referred a legislator to the U.S attorney’s office in Delaware when asked whether President Joe Biden had received payments from Ukraine. He didn't say the president was being investigated.

Joe Biden, President

“I did not walk in the shoes of generations of students who walked these grounds. But I walked other grounds. Because I’m so damn old, I was there as well. You think I’m kidding, man. It seems like yesterday the first time I got arrested.”

Washington Post rated this: Four Pinocchios

Washington Post says: In Atlanta, the president referenced "the first time I got arrested.” But his story does not add up.