Checked elsewhere

Checks published by other fact-checking organisations. We did not do these checks. Each one names who did, shows their rating in their own words, and links to their full article.

Their rating
Checked by Vera Files4 May 2021PhilippinesElections
Rodrigo Duterte

“I never, never in my campaign as president promised the people that I would retake the West Philippine Sea. I did not promise that I would pressure China. I never mentioned about [the row between] China and the Philippines in my campaign because that was a very serious matter. - President Rodrigo Duterte on May 3, 2021”

Vera Files rated this: False

Vera Files says: During a debate among presidential candidates in April 2016, Duterte said: "Pag sinabi [ng PCA na] panalo tayo [at] ayaw ng China, I will not go to war … Pupunta ako sa China. Ngayon, ‘pag ayaw nila, then I will ask the…

Social media posts

“Colorado “requires photo ID to vote in person, requires signature verification for mail-in ballots, which Georgia got rid of, and prevents campaign workers from giving food, water to voters within 100 feet if they’re wearing campaign apparel.”

PolitiFact rated this: Half True

PolitiFact says: Colorado does not require a photo ID to vote in person. It does verify signatures on a mail-in ballot against its database of voter signatures, a process Georgia replaced with a new requirement for proof of identity.